Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology:
Northern Queensland Coastal Waters Forecast – Select 'Mackay Coast' from the QLD forecast map.
The Whitsundays is serviced by two airports:
1. Whitsunday Coast Airport, Proserpine, approximately 25 minutes by car to Airlie Beach. It offers direct flights from Brisbane and Sydney and connecting flights to other areas.
2. Great Barrier Reef Airport, Hamilton Island offers direct flights from Cairns, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and connecting flights to other areas.
The Whitsundays boasts an abundance of accommodation options to suit any style or budget.
For Island stays you can’t go past Daydream Island Resort and Spa.
Click here for more information.
Mainland accommodation links:
Zesty White Wine Sauce
One of the excellent chefs from Daydream Island gave us this recipe and it’s so delicious we thought we’d let you all know…
200ml White Wine
200ml of Cream
2 Bay Leaves
¼ Small Brown Onion – peeled, chopped finely
½ Lemon – squeezed
1. In a saucepan combine the wine, lemon juice, peppercorns, bay leaves and onion. Bring to the boil and reduce to about a third of its original volume.
2. Add the cream and reduce again to a third of the original volume (approx 100ml).
3. Remove from the heat and strain.
4. Slowly, knob by knob whisk in cold(ish) butter.
5. Season with salt and pepper, and add fresh dill if desired.
Depending on the size of the lemon you may need to use a whole one to really give the sauce that great zesty flavour. Pour over your pan fried fillets and Voila!